JMIC Perspective Articles
With global events creating new issues impacting the meetings industry on a daily basis, we’ve prepared some new materials for your use as industry members. Please find below a number of articles that will facilitate telling the industry story either to colleagues or in your own community.
As with all other JMIC materials, these are available for your use in any way you see fit, including adapting the content to fit specific sector or community circumstances.
There are a number of good ways to “customize” the presentations or articles for your own use:
• You can apply your own logo or format to the presentation or article so that it takes on local meaning;
• You can add your own local information such as economic impact or spending information from your community in order to make it more relevant to a community audience;
• You can make special reference to how meetings and conventions support industries or professions that are of particular importance in your community;
• You can make reference to specific institutions in your community (i.e., universities, medical facilities, research facilities) that benefit from meetings;
• You can list recent events that have taken place in your community that illustrate some of the general principles outlined in the presentation or article, or
• If you are using the Profile and Power article or presentation for a local industry organization, you can add screens that list events that could take place in your own community or a listing of local industry groups that should participate.
If you do use the materials, acknowledgement in the form of “Source: Joint Meetings Industry Council” would be appreciated.
Meetings in Times of Economic Crisis
This is an adaptable “opinion style” article that provides a perspective on the role of the Meetings Industry in the global economy during a time of economic crisis. It could, for example, be used for communication with your local business community or for placement in local media as part of the current discussion about the global economy.
Profile and Power: Are We Getting There?
An article updating the progress of the JMIC Profile and Power program and the actions it’s taking to advance the profile of the Meetings Industry. This is intended for use in the industry amongst people and organizations that want to understand the purpose and accomplishments of the P&P program, perhaps because they are thinking about staging a local event or making a presentation to local government.
Understanding the Value of the Meetings Industry
This is an article developed for use in community relations, and explains the many different benefits generated by the Meetings Industry and how the very diversity of benefits has led to us underestimating its economic and community importance. It would make a good introduction to the industry for a business or government audience, or may be of interest to local media, particularly if there is some industry-related development going on in your city.
Who We are – and Why You Need to Know About Us
This is an adaptable presentation in Power Point format that outlines the variety of roles the industry plays and how it delivers its benefits to the community. It’s an ideal start for preparing an orientation presentation for your community or government representatives, and by adding some specific information about local conditions or activities, can be easily customized for different kinds of local audiences.
JMIC Profile and Power Update
An overview presentation, again in Power Point format, this is intended as a tool to enable industry representatives like yourself to explain the Profile and Power program to colleagues and local organizations. It may be part of the first step in developing an awareness program in your community.